Location: Madrid, Spain
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Olympic Channel is a digital-first, multiplatform global Olympic media entity, where fans can experience the power of sport and the Olympic Movement all year round. The primary objectives of the Olympic Channel are the following:
Provide a platform for the continuous exposure of Olympic sports and athletes beyond the Olympic Games period and help create anticipation while providing opportunities to "re-live the experience" after the Games
- Continuously highlight the relevance of the Olympic Movement's ideals to the challenges of today's world
- Provide a platform for sharing the IOC's very rich patrimonial assets and archives with the world and create additional value and content for the IOC archives
- As a matter of priority, engage the young generations around the world using methods that are relevant to them, building understanding, entertainment and education.
The Olympic Channel team is composed of experienced broadcast professionals and innovative content-producers working out of two main bases of operation. The commercial and distribution departments are located at the IOC headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, and the technical and production units operate out of Madrid, Spain.
As part of the core editorial team, the Olympic Channel seeks talented and creative Commissioning Editors to develop a wide range of programming from around the world. This role is critical to delivering on the channel’s strategy; responsible for both generating and developing bold, break-out ideas and working with in-house and independent production partners. The commissioning team will be based out of the Olympic Channel’s new office in Madrid, Spain.
- Conceive and develop original programming ideas for the Olympic Channel’s video-on-demand digital and linear outputs.
- Research stories and concepts from around the world, covering all sports and regions.
- Seek and actively engage third-party production partners, receive and organize pitches, and ensure that all proposals are in line with the vision of the Olympic Channel.
- Effectively communicate and liaise with contracted production partners to deliver programming in line with the creative vision.
- Manage and follow through with the promotion, community engagement, and social media campaigns for all original programming under their supervision.
- Create and maintain production calendars for all productions, and manage internal communications about series’ development.
- Supervise production schedules, budgets, cost reporting, contract administration, and ensure all productions follow the channel’s production guidelines and safety protocol.
- Ingest and publish original programming via our digital management system, working closely with the news and digital production teams.
Skills & Experience Required
- 6+ years of experience developing and/or producing unscripted content, with strong relationships with production companies, agents, and producers, in diverse regions around the world.
- Demonstrated high level experience of a variety of television production techniques and the ability to manage the creative, logistical, budgetary and contractual aspects of long and short form content.
- Well-versed in digital trends and the wider television landscape, including an awareness of new talent and formats for the millennial target demo.
- Strong editorial skills with proven ability to originate, assess, develop and deliver a broad slate of programming that is in line with the Olympic Channel’s objectives.
- Must have an eye for high-quality unscripted fare and be comfortable defending opinions in a collaborative environment.
- Candidates should have a strong command of the English language, with additional language skills preferred.
- Knowledge of and passion for a variety of sports and athletes, with a demonstrated interest or background in the Olympic Games an added bonus.
How to apply: visit http://www.sportsrecruitment.com/jobs/details/2534/commissioning-editor