Closing Date: March 24, 2017
The Global PR Manager develops short and long-term PR strategies and toolkits to generate strategic, qualitative brand, category and product exposure for the football business unit (BU). They will use PR as a strategic, effective, fast, flexible integrated and cost-efficient communication tool in the overall marketing mix.
· Design the integrated PR strategy for the business unit. Drive, oversee or connect to all global and local PR activities.
· Act as a thought-leader in the arena of PR to help provide guidance to the field, working closely with cross-marketing teams to develop stand-out, seamlessly integrated communication and PR concepts.
· Work with Brand Marketing (Communications, Digital, Social and Retail) and Product teams to deliver results-oriented strategies and programs that increase consumer and trade awareness of adidas brand messaging, campaigns, products, technologies, innovations and events.
· Establish key relationships with media and global partnerships and create an advocate network (bloggers, etc.) within category landscape.
· Provide relevant media outlets and adidas subsidiaries with innovative cross-channel PR strategies, compelling story ideas, clear messaging and exciting tools (e.g. photography, press kits, releases, interviews and briefing documents).
· Steer the development of communication and PR tools from concept to activation, ensuring that all projects are on time, within budget and on brief.
· Proactive member of the business unit Brand Marketing and wider PR team, contributing to the alignment, integration and media relevancy of activations, products and concepts. Contribute to the global consistency of the overall adidas brand media message.
· Organise media events (press conferences, interview sessions, media days) celebrating business unit products, campaigns and athletes / assets.
· Contribute to product and communications teams to improve media relevancy and newsworthiness to products and concepts.
· Track the implementation and results of global PR activations and tools, developing summary and conclusion reports.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
· Good interpersonal/communication skills and level of strategic thinking.
· Experience in marketing campaign development and execution.
· Ability to manage and / or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups: product marketing, communications, social, digital and retail.
· Basic understanding of consumer messaging and brand reputation.
· Affinity with cross-channel PR and background in strategy, media relations, journalism / writing and digital PR / social media.
· Strong understanding of and passion for the sports and fashion/entertainment industry.
· Strong written and verbal, presentation and organisational skills.
· Degree in Marketing, Communications, PR or a related field. Master Degree / MBA a plus.
· 4+ years’ industry and / or relevant work experience.
· Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
How to apply: visit http://www.jumpinsport.com/jobs/global-pr-manager-adidas-football-994