Location: London, UK
Closing Date: March 23, 2017
The position is based between the Foundation’s Beckton Sports Hub and the London Stadium. The job holder needs to be flexible and may work irregular hours (e.g. evenings) given the nature of the job.
• To ensure efficient and effective communication between the Foundation and Club as well as external partners/journalists
• To promote the Foundation and the wide range of projects operated by staff.
• To coordinate all Foundation marketing and activity to ensure brand is communicated affectively and coherently
• To create and manage all content for Foundation publications including, Club match day programmes, website, social channels and Club e-newsletter
• To develop a marketing strategy, including management of marketing budgets, to increase participation numbers across commercial delivery.
• To develop social media strategy and increase presence across digital channels
• Work closely with delivery and funding partners Marcomms teams, including Premier League.
• Implement a Comms Process across all Foundation departments to ensure regular external communication of activities across the Foundation’s broad range.
• To work flexibly, including within the Club departments including the Press Office, Marketing and Digital.
• Work with club website manager to maintain and update the Foundation website to ensure we are effectively communicating the wide range of initiatives we are delivering
• Implement and maintain correct use of the Club and Foundation’s brand.
• Look to create engaging and innovative ways of fundraising and marketing initiatives to help support the Foundation’s programmes
• Affectively communicate Foundation case studies through new and innovative ways
• Attend Foundation events and projects in order to create press-releases and web articles
• Build key relationships with local and national press in order to raise awareness in the local area of the Foundation’s work
• To write articles on activities and events for publication in Club and external publications.
• To create in-house marketing materials and liaise with designer and printers for externally created marketing projects.
• To create, implement and maintain the Foundation’s social networking channels.
• To continuously look to use new and unique communication channels.
• Maintain and update the Foundation’s web pages
• Conduct weekly news and media scan to monitor the Foundation’s exposure with local and national media channels.
• Guarding the branding guidelines of external and internal marketing materials
• Supporting development, planning and implementing of the Foundation’s fundraising activities
• Work within the Clubs Marcomms departments 2 days per week to ensure effective club-wide promotion and awareness of Foundation’s work.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
• Educated to Degree level in Public Relations, Marketing and Communications or alternatively the equivalent role experience
• Safeguarding/Child Protection Training and First Aid (will be provided in post if not already done).
• A minimum of 2-year experience working in Communications and Marketing.
• Experience in writing articles for numerous publications and audiences.
• Experience in the field of communications, marketing and/or public relations.
• Experience of marketing, especially digital marketing including social media.
• Producing both in-house materials and working with external designers.
• Ability to work to deadlines and time-manage effectively.
• Good knowledge of ICT; willing to undergo training in new technologies. Photoshop/video editing skills are desirable.
• Strong photography skills are desirable.
• Good organisational and communication skills with a range of colleagues and partners.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of in working with press teams and the media.
• Able to work effectively with others, co-operate with colleagues and help the Foundation and the outreach programmes achieve its goals through marketing the programmes.
Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Committed. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
How to apply: To apply please email your CV with a covering letter and return e-mail address to
by 24th March 2017. Interviews are scheduled to take place on 29th March 2017 We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible as we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than advertised. Previous applicants need not apply.