Thursday, 16 February 2017 12:40
Location: Las Vegas, USA
Closing Date: Open until filled
Overview: Key Responsibilities
- Assumes a leadership role of the UFCPI strength & conditioning program.
- Develops third-party consultant relationships. Forms strategic partnerships with industry leaders in strength & conditioning.
- Develops and implements support systems to aid in athlete assessments, and data collection and management.
- Cultivates relationships with athletes, coaches, and gyms to distribute evidence-based relevant information.
- Establishes strength & conditioning protocols.
- Establishes agreed-upon strength & conditioning targets.
- Performs on-going training with athletes, coaches, and UFCPI staff members to ensure continued professional development and adherence to professional codes of conduct.
- Performs other tasks, projects, and responsibilities to establish a world class performance facility.
Skills & Experience Required
- Post Graduate Degree in Exercise Science or other related curriculum required.
- 7+ years of high-level technical management experience in science, research, and strength and conditioning fields.
- Certification as a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) and/or Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES).
- Previous experience working effectively in a high performance environment with elite athletes and coaches.
- Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of the demands of the MMA sport (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
- Zuffa LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply: visit http://www.sportsrecruitment.com/jobs/details/2489/director-strength-and-conditioning