Location: Washington, USA
Closing Date: February 23, 2017
The Senior Director of Digital Media and Advertising will lead the multi-channel media strategy and is the go-to expert for planning, building and executing year-round media plans. He/she will oversee all paid and owned channels, media partnerships and social media strategies. The Senior Director will be an experienced advertising executive with direct experience working within, or with top-tier advertising agencies and have deep experience in planning and executing print, OOH, social media, TV, Radio and digital media campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leading the implementation process for all media campaigns, including outlining the strategy and key objectives, implementing conversion and tracking tags that line up with key objectives, collaborating with the creative director to tell the advertiser’s story, working with product specialists to traffic ads, communicating relevant partners
• Collaborating with cross functional internal teams, agency teams, MLBAM and external marketing partners
• Managing the overall success of Washington Nationals advertising campaigns
• Working closely with the creative team on the creation, testing and optimization of media assets and targets
• Ensuring owned channels are fully optimized to support brand and promotions strategies
• Supporting the strategic promotions approach to drive incremental ticket sales. Align closely with strategy and ticketing teams.
• Overseeing owned channel initiatives including Nationals.com, email, database, social networking and other interactive New Media initiatives.
• Lead the day- to- day management of external agencies and internal teams. Manage promotional campaign requests, briefing process, facilitate meetings, manage timelines, execute deliverables, and maintain budgets.
• Provide weekly updates on advertising campaign, timelines, creative, and advise on integrating key themes and graphic standards into various promotional campaigns; ensure creative campaigns are on-strategy and consistent with the brand platform.
• Work closely with the appropriate Baseball Operations, Communications, and Revenue departments, as he/she drives the development of marketing and team content for distribution via various Nationals outlets including, but not limited to: nationals.com, blogs, third-party websites, social media
• Manage any digital marketing initiatives with clearly defined business-oriented metrics
• Estimate expenditures expected and stay within budget
• Brainstorm & develop innovative solutions to solve dilemmas
• Manage production of advertising messages with Creative Services and Production teams
• Manage media placement with media buyer and work on promotional added value to team
• Provides a schedule of shows, advertisements and promotional material for all radio game broadcasts and ancillary programming
• Oversee trafficking of promotional drops, items and logos to television, radio, print, digital partners.
• Identify key trends and takeaways for the organization to then integrate into sales and marketing campaigns.
• Oversee all online ad tracking mechanisms (pixels, tags, etc.) and act as primary liaison with MLBAM and media agency to ensure compliance and tracking consistency.
• Determine key metrics, analyses and ROI of all ad campaigns
• Manage trade agreement ticketing requests and advertising trafficking with trade partners, agency and ticket operations teams.
• Prepare and negotiate advertising and sales contracts
• Oversee quality assurance process for Nationals.com and owned channel sites
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or equivalent military experience
• A minimum of 7 years Advertising/Marketing experience is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess strong organizational skills and detail oriented
• Capable of handling multi-task responsibilities and demands
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills are required.
• Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment without direct supervision is essential
• Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is needed
• Some travel and gameday responsibilities.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
How to apply: visit http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/apply.cfm?jobid=107574