Ford Look Set for New V8 Supercars Deal, Commission Chairman Steps Down

Thursday, 12 September 2013

American car manufacturer is close to agreeing a new deal to stay in V8 Supercars according to reports.

Ford Performance Racing (FPR) is likely to remain so for 2014, with Ford set to stay the team's backers despite preparing to close its Australian car manufacturing operations in 2016.

V8 sources have suggested Ford will not only agree to stay on next year, but retain a presence in the sport even after the Falcon disappears in three years.

Ford's mid-sized Mondeo and its American big car the Taurus could be used under current Car of the Future regulations, though the two-door boy-racer favourite, the Mustang, would need a big rules tweak.

V8 Commission Chairman Steps Down

Meanwhile, V8 Supercars commission chairman Mark Skaife will stand down after next month's Bathurst 1000 at the end of his two-year tenure.

In his role of Chairman of the V8 Commission, Skaife was instrumental in negotiating Nissan and Volvo’s return to the sport as well as restructuring the V8 Supercars television department.

The six-time Bathurst winner will remain with V8 Supercars in a business development role and as an adviser to the board.

V8 Supercars CEO James Warburton said Skaifes’ tireless contribution had been invaluable and that he would assume the role of Strategic Business Development and as an advisor to the Board.

"Mark’s contribution as Commission Chairman has been exemplary," Warburton said.

"I have asked Mark and I am delighted that he has accepted the role of Strategic Business Development and Board Advisor. He continues to be a major asset for the sport in this role."

superload.me filesmonster